Crete is the largest island in Greece and the second biggest (after Cyprus) of the East Mediterranean.
Crete is an island with an exquisite 1,000 kilometer-long coastline dotted with numerous coves, bays and peninsulas, which afford a multitude of soft, sandy beaches along the beautifully blue Mediterranean Sea. After all, it’s among the finest in the world and has established Crete as one of Europe’s most popular holiday destinations. And, of course, the island’s historic importance in today’s world as the home of the Minoan civilization with important archeological finds at Knossos, Phaistos and Gortys, is evidenced by the tens of thousands of visitors to these sites each year.
Our previous Festivals in North, Central, South Pieria, Thessaloniki and Crete Island had a great success as we welcomed groups and representatives of more than ten countries in each Festival. We expect that our 2nd International Festival in Crete Island in 2017 will have a larger impact and will provide to the participants opportunities to learn about different cultures and people, create new friendships, exchange experiences and contacts with other folk groups. Furthermore, during their stay the participants will have the pleasure to enjoy the Greek hospitality, the crystal blue sea and a bright Greek sun.
The Municipality of Hersonissos extends from the north coastline of central Crete to the imposing mountain chains of Lasithi. It is located a few kilometers away from the international airport “Nikos Kazantzakis” of Heraklion. Within its borders there are settlements with unique characteristics and colors. Hersonissos is known as the most organized tourist destination in Crete. It is also known for its high quality hotels, conference infrastructures and the natural beauty of its coasts. Mass tourism, beautiful beaches and the rich nightlife only constitute one side of the coin “Hersonissos”. Its other side, which is less acknowledged, includes the pristine mainland, where many historical monuments and landscapes of exceptional beauty await to be discovered.
Heraklion International Airport “Nikos Kazantzakis” – Hersonissos (22 km)
Type of groups that can participate: Traditional folk dance groups- Folk song groups-Choirs.
– Number and age of participants is not limited. Number of participating groups is limited.
– Each group should bring a flag of their country and if available, a board with the name of their group.
– The group should prepare from 10 to 12 minutes program accompanied by their own orchestra or CD.
– The registration form should be sent before April 20th, 2017, in order to confirm your participation. Once you have submitted your registration form, a confirmation will be sent to you along with payment instructions. Only the 50% of the total amount should be paid before April 30th 2017, to secure your entry. Upon receiving your payment, an invitation letter will be sent to you. The rest of the total amount for the group must be received on the day of your arrival in Pieria. In case of cancellation no refund is given.
REGISTRATION FEE – ACCOMMODATION
- The registration fee is 159 € per person in 3* Hotels
- This includes: participation in festival & 5 days (4 nights) (half board – breakfast and dinner – in double & three bed rooms) by the seaside of Hersonisso
- The registration fee is 198 € per person in 3* Hotels – or 248 € per person in 4* Hotels
- This includes: participation in festival & 5 days (4 nights) (ALL INCLUSIVE in double & three bed rooms) by the seaside of Hersonissos.
- Simple Registration – participation : 28 € per person (without using our accommodation)
* Every 25 participants, one is free.
The participation fee DOES NOT cover:
-Accommodation in double rooms, in case of availability, will cost an extra six (6) Euros a day per person.
– Optional Tours. Seasonal prices vary according to the number of participants. Such tours will be available at your convenience. Special list of daily excursions will be delivered 2 weeks before arrival.
– Welcome Traditional Greek Party (September 7th, 2017) cost 15 Euros per person which includes (drinks, fruits and traditional snacks-sweets). Free of charge for the leaders of the groups.
– First aid and emergency support will be provided, but medical services must be covered by the group. The participant’s safety is on his/her personal responsibility.
Detailed catalog with excursions will be sent to you in a later stage and will include:
- Cosmopolitan – coastal areas and beaches
- Archaeological sites ,
- Traditional villages
- Traditional Greek villages
- Seasonal prices vary according to the number of participants.
- Certificates of participation will be given
- Invitation letter will be provided, if requested by the group
- Transport from the hotel to the performance place will be with Municipalities Buses.
- Simple Registration: 25€ per person