The festival will be held in Aiginio – Makrigialos, North Pieria (35 km from Thessaloniki), the land of the ancient Thracian tribe “Pieres” and the Muses, on the flanks of Mount Olympus. The surrounding area is the mythological residence of the ancient Greek pantheon, close to the exquisite coasts of the blue Aegean Sea. The pleasant Mediterranean climate and hospitality of the people is a guarantee for a memorable stay in our municipality. It is an ideal tourist destination, gathers archaeological, cultural and environmental interest.
Our previous Festivals in North, Central and South Pieria had big success as we welcomed groups and representatives of more than ten countries in each Festival. We expect that the 16th International festival in the area and the 6th in cooperation with the Municipality of Pydna Kolindros will have the same and larger success and will provide to the participants opportunities to learn about different cultures and people, create new friendships, exchange experiences and contacts with other folk groups. Furthermore, during your stay you will have the pleasure to enjoy the Greek hospitality, the crystal blue sea and a bright Greek sun.
Google map location – here | (70 km from Thessaloniki Int’ Airport “Makedonia”, IATA: SKG)
Type of groups that can participate: Traditional folk dance groups and folk song groups/choirs.
– Number and age of participants is not limited. Number of participating groups is limited.
– Each group should bring a flag of their country and if available, a board with the name of their group.
– The group should prepare from 10 to 12 minutes program accompanied by their own orchestra or CD.
– The registration form should be sent before March 30th, 2019, in order to confirm your participation. Once you have submitted your registration form, a confirmation will be sent to you along with payment instructions. Only the 60% of the total amount should be paid before April 10th 2019, to secure your entry. Upon receiving your payment, an official invitation letter will be sent to you. The rest of the total amount must be received on the day of your arrival in Pieria or 10 days before with a bank deposit. In case of cancellation no refund is given.
REGISTRATION FEE – ACCOMMODATION
Simple registration: 27€ per person (without using our accommodation)
Package, registration & accommodation:
148€ per person in 1* or 2** hotels.
174€ per person in 3 *** hotel
– 6 days (5 nights) (half board – breakfast and dinner – in triple rooms) by the seaside of Pieria
Hotels are located in Paralia beach, Olympic beach and Korinos beach.
– Every 25 participants, one person is free.
The participation fee DOES NOT include:
– Extra nights:
32€ per person, per day in 2** hotels (half board in triple rooms).
36€ per person, per day in 3- 4**** hotels.
– There is also the possibility for fewer nights.
– Accommodation in double rooms, in case of availability, will cost an extra six (6) Euros a day per person.
– Optional Tours. Seasonal prices vary according to the number of participants. Such tours will be available at your convenience. Special list of daily excursions will be delivered 2 weeks before arrival.
– Welcome Traditional Greek Party (August 24th, 2018) cost 15 Euros per person which includes Greek food (souvlaki – salad) and drink. Free of charge for the leader of the groups.
– First aid and emergency support will be provided, but medical services must be covered by the group. The participant’s safety is on his/her personal responsibility.
- Hiking in Mt. Olympus
- Cosmopolitan – coastal areas and beaches,
- City of Thessaloniki
- Islands Skiathos and Skopelos,
- Archaeological sites of Dion and Vergina,
- Traditional Greek villages
- Seasonal prices vary according to the number of participants.
- Certificates of participation will be given.
- Official invitation letter will be provided, if requested by the group.
- The program of the festival could be changed by the organizers, should is needed.
- We can arrange and give you offers for all your transfers and the optional excursions.
We are looking forward on meeting you and start a partnership with your group at our Festivals.
If any further information is needed, please do not hesitate to contact us.